Friday, April 17, 2015

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: Evading the tease

By Lisa Goudy

Teaser trailers are all the rage.


They give you maybe 30 seconds worth of footage – sometimes up to a minute – to get you excited for the full trailer. If done well, a full trailer will show you just enough scenes from the film so you know what the plot is and leave you wanting more.

I do think trailers are important for ramping up people’s excitement. Teaser trailers, however, are often pointless. I usually hold out for the actual trailer of two to two and a half minutes instead of watching 30 seconds of a teaser trailer that doesn’t really tell me anything. (Unless I’m at a comic book convention. Then all bets are off and I’ll eat it all up.)

Google defines a trailer for movies or programs as “an excerpt or series of excerpts from a movie or program used to advertise it in advance; a preview.”

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment