Friday, February 13, 2015

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: 50 Shades of Problems

By Lisa Goudy

There are probably a lot of people who will flock to see Christian Grey this weekend.

I will not be one of them.

The film 50 Shades of Grey, based on the book of the same name by E.L. James, is released in theatres today. I have never read the popular trilogy of books and I have no intention of ever doing so, just as I have no intention of ever going to see the movie. I find the series repulsive and offensive. (For the record, I completed as much research as possible to write an informed piece).

My reasons for this extend far beyond personal disinterest. I do not enjoy reading sexually explicit novels or watching those types of movies or television shows.

The story is about Anastasia Steele (played by Dakota Johnson in the movie), a 21-year-old virgin and soon-to-be-college graduate, who goes to interview 27-year-old billionaire benefactor Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) in place of her sick roommate.

After meeting her once, Christian starts to pursue her

Read more

1 comment:

  1. Awesome column! I also refuse to see this horrible movie and I won't read the books. There's so many things wrong with both.

    ReplyDelete