Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Variety of books to be at humane society’s upcoming sale

Lounging around some books, Moose Jaw
Humane Society mascot Fatboy glances over at
his girlfriend, Mama, at the shelter on Jan. 8, 2014.
Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy
By Lisa Goudy


Before working at the humane society, Stephenie Campbell went to the shelter’s annual book sales.

“I’m kind of a book nut myself and I was just out of control. I was filling bags and we’ve got a wonderful selection of kids’ books and a lot of them are like new,” said Campbell, now the promotions and outreach co-ordinator with the Moose Jaw Humane Society (MJHS).

“I mean, people bring in wonderful donations, bags of books that were read once. You know, they’re just like bookstore quality and I think it’s fun to come up and usually there’s something new coming up every day of the sale.”

The MJHS’s annual Barking Mad Book Sale will take place from Jan. 20 to Feb. 15 at the Town ‘n’ Country Mall.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment