Thursday, November 1, 2012

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: Big kudos to Moose Jaw’s giving spirit

By Lisa Goudy


It was certainly a chilly night this past Halloween.

While covering the Better Together Food Drive that collects food the Moose Jaw and District Food Bank, I went out for a bit with a team to grasp the feel of the experience. I was outside going door knocking with the team to grab the photo and information that appeared in Thursday’s paper.

After I had what I needed, I got back in the Times-Herald vehicle and drove back to the office. I hadn’t been out there long, but I was so cold that my hands were turning purple. While I admit my hands do have a natural tendency to be colder than normal, other people who stepped out into the frigid air agreed that it was very cold outside.

To think, I was only outside with the team for no more than half an hour. When I went back to Hillcrest Apostolic Church around 9 p.m., the last of the volunteers were just coming in. I know the weather only got colder as the night went on.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment