Monday, October 31, 2011

Leader-Post: Collecting Christmas cards for troops overseas

Christmas may be a little more than eight weeks away, but Christmas cards are being collected for Canadian troops overseas who can't come home for Christmas.

Read more
 
 
 
 
Comments from the Operation Christmas Card website from American troops:
 
"Dear OCC,
Thanks so much for the thoughtful Christmas cards! I've been handing them out to soldiers while they wait in line for chow. They have brought many warm smiles in this cold and dreary place so far from home. It may seem like a small thing, but it warms the heart to know people back home are remembering us this Christmas!
Blessings,
SPC Link"


"I received a package from you recently and wanted to say THANK YOU. First and foremost I would like to thank you for your support, it means a great deal to us that are deployed. Your package helped my team and I make up Christmas baggies for some of the 3000 people we support. A little about us is that we are a 4 person team in charge of 5 different areas in Southern Afghanistan. We travel often and it means a great deal to the service members that we can provide some essentials they are in need of. You made my job better and that gives me a sense of accomplishment. I would like to share this with you. You have brightened the days of many and your thoughtfulness has been widely received. We thank you.
Sincerely,
Team Ramrod"

No comments:

Post a Comment