Thursday, January 10, 2013

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: Proper etiquette essential in public life

By Lisa Goudy


Proper etiquette seems to be slipping away.

I have no doubt there are still some people with good etiquette. However proper etiquette seems to fading in my generation, at least in my experience. Whether it’s the common use of offensive language or the slamming people through social media, it’s clear proper etiquette is becoming an old-fashioned tradition.

Coming from the opinion of someone who doesn’t do either of those aforementioned things, I am sad to see proper etiquette disappearing into thin air. I’m not suggesting that everyone stop using offensive language or slamming people in-person or through social media. That is simply inconceivable and an unreasonable request. I think it is, however, not unreasonable for people to remember that there is a time and a place for proper etiquette out of respect for others and yourself.

Read more

1 comment: