Thursday, January 16, 2014

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: 2015 Scotties banquet director wins Citizen of the Year

Citizen and Group of the Year winners surprised

Darlene Guy accepts her award for the 2013
Citizen of the Year at the award luncheon
at the Heritage Inn on Jan. 16, 2014.
Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy
By Lisa Goudy


Darlene Guy has volunteered with many events and she doesn’t see that stopping any time soon.

“I am doing the banquet for the Scotties Tournament of Hearts in 2015. I don’t see it ending, no, and even my friends in Regina said, next time Regina has a big function, they’re calling me,” said Guy. “I just enjoy it. I enjoy the people that I’ve met.”

She was awarded the 2013 Citizen of the Year Award at the Moose Jaw and District Chamber of Commerce’s Citizen and Group of the Year Awards luncheon on Thursday at the Heritage Inn. She was surprised to win the award.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment