Friday, March 20, 2015

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Ramping up excitement for words

Festival of Words has 21 confirmed guests

By Lisa Goudy

Sarah Simison is excited about the line-up for this year’s Saskatchewan Festival of Words.

 “This’ll be my sixth festival. After being here that long, you get to realize that it’s all about the people,” said Simison, operations co-ordinator with the Festival of Words. “I realized when I started working here there were a few authors, looking at the line-up, that I’d be excited about, but by the end of the festival what I always thought was the most exciting is meeting all the new people.”

There are 21 confirmed presenters, including a musician for the Saturday night concert, for the 2015 festival, which is set for July 16 to 19. Most of the line-up was finalized by December and now the next steps are getting into the “deeper details of planning” the festival, she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment