Friday, September 14, 2012

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Brian Sykora running for council

Brian Sykora
Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy
By Lisa Goudy


Brian Sykora joined the race for a spot on council in the upcoming municipal election.

“I feel I can help the city. I have very good ideas,” said Sykora. “I’m more of an idea person entrepreneur and I like to come up with solutions and I think that is needed in the city.”

Sykora said infrastructure needs an immediate solution to improve the roads. He added a business corridor toward Belle Plaine could be made with service roads on either side of the Trans Canada Highway. Businesses would be on the road on each side, creating jobs in a long-term project.

“The beauty of the city is with the roads,” said Sykora. “One way or another I’ll find a way to do it.”

He said he would like to develop a real downtown trolley system. It could run down Main Street to River Street and back around to Manitoba Street before heading up Main Street again.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment