Monday, October 7, 2013

Moose Jaw Times-Herald: Lisa's Corner: Try new things and discover yourself

By Lisa Goudy


I do not think I am an artist.

I would say I am a creative person, but my drawing skills aren’t exactly what you would call even close to somewhat resembling professional.

There are a lot of fabulous artists in the community. Just take a look at all of our beautiful murals in the city. They are more than amazing artwork on walls. They are pieces of Moose Jaw’s culture.

And yet, despite my beliefs that I cannot draw, I decided to paint a sunflower on a chair while covering the Moose Jaw Cultural Centre’s Creating Chairs event for Culture Days last weekend. Later as someone else I knew was hesitant to paint a sunflower as well, I said: “You never know. You might surprise yourself.”

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment